Friday, February 18, 2011

I Spy Ferragamo with My Eyes!


I am very careless about my shades. I have had a hundreds of them and they all end up being lost, squashed, crushed and scratched. Right now, I have my one and only LV shades that I am taking care of as if it is my daughter.

When I saw the shades that Ferragamo came out with, I felt the shopping shivers. That means bad for my savings. Maybe I should just pass this on to my favorite sponsor, AG!

The Sunglasses Collection 2011 presents a generous offering of men’s and women’s models that explore new shapes and angles on some of the most representative themes making up Ferragamo’s brand identity.

I don't even remember owning this...maybe it's not mine at all.


Bold forms and softer wrap-around silhouettes co-exist in the women’s models.
Bordeaux, green, brown and dark Havana are the main colours in the plain-colour models, with streaks and unusual juxtapositions of colour being experimented in the acetate models.



One of my favorites that has died on me. Actually, since I am careless with them, I guess I killed it.

One of the themes recurring throughout the Collection is the experimentation of textures on acetate, with meshed and streaky patterns personalizing the full or semi-transparent plastic and also quoting from Ferragamo’s wealth of unforgettable prints.
The 2198B, for example, evokes the elegance of the Sixties by revisiting the frame of a model that became an icon of the period with a rhinestone set in the Gancino motif at the hinge of the metallic temples. The model comes in evergreen black but also in colour versions with the frame streaked blue, brown and grey striped, with tips and crystals matching the colour of the frame.
This one is kaput but it stayed with me for a year.


Tribute is paid in various models in the Collection to the Vara, the Maison’s famous buckle and icon of sober elegance. The sophisticated 2194 has an ample frame with rounded edges, its sobriety subtly counterpointed by a Vara motif on the temples, while the 1196, a wrap-around model, explores the oval form, with partially unframed lenses adorned on either side by buckle-shaped decorations.


The highly distinctive 2196 is characterized by its squarish acetate frame, ton-sur-ton shaded lenses and thin temples with a metal insert and Vara motif. The 1195 is a metallic sister to the 2196, with light, sinuous lines and a rounded frame tracing an airy butterfly-shaped silhouette. It comes in classic silver and gold but also in interesting tones of bordeaux and dark green.

Glamour and sophistication is the recipe in the 1197B, a jewelled wrap-around model characterized by a large Gancino motif spattered with variously coloured crystals on the temple hinges.
The 2197B has a multi-coloured acetate frame with regular oval lenses and is adorned by rhinestone on the metal temples. The 2195 is similarly shaped with larger proportions and bulky acetate temples decorated with a double metallic Gancino motif.




The men’s models have clean, crisp lines that offer a contemporary interpretation of the aviator models of the Seventies.


This one is the one I am currently using.




No comments: