Thursday, August 1, 2013

July 31 is Candifier's Day.

My birthday started out with this Dulcelin Mango Torte for breakfast. It was given to me by my cousin, Catherine and Ike. Until now, we are still eating it every morning. 

After brekkie, I went up to the factory to see my job orders. 
I need to hire a voice coach for these guys. They are really bad at singing. 


When I got to work, I did my make up, curled my hair and headed to Old Manila where my lovely Sonja was waiting for me. A gift was planted on my table. 

My lunch mates, Tim Yap, Steffie Chong and Sonja Vodusek! Thank you so much for making my birthday extra special. I love you.

Foie gras in my Beef Consume.

Salad with Honey Vinegrette Salad. 

My delicious King Prawns. 

Then a birthday cake came out!!! It's not only delicious, it's also very pretty!!! 

Flowers for me!!!! 

Which I gave to Mom when I got home. 

My Dad, Jacqui and I ate at Poppins for a quick dinner. 

When I got home, I showered, got into my pajamas and like a child, arranged my gifts in one line and opened them one by one. It was Christmas once again!! 














And then today, I went out for another birthday lunch with my high school buddies!!! Dinggay, Chari and I go a long way back. We used to chat about boys and crushes. About 5 years ago, we started talking about serious things like children, work and future plans. Now, we talk about ailments, skin problems, botox and other things. Hopefully, when we get older, we will go back to talking about boys but at 60, it would probably be about boytoys!!! 

Love these girls!

I hope my hater won't think that I am materialistic because I am not. 
I just love to get gifts, and the more gifts, the better. Usually, the bigger the box, the bigger my smile. Also, the orange box that has the word Hermes on it always makes my day. If your wish is to give me a Chanel, that's quite alright too, but perhaps a wallet is something I will get to use more. Oh, and make up, lipstick, blush, brushes, all of those can be placed neatly in my make up kit. 

I really am not materialistic, I AM JUST A GIRL.

No comments: