Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Extravaganza!

 

I forgot that May 13 was Mother's Day. Perhaps having lost Mom, we tend to not focus too much on this occasion. She would have prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner for all of us. Even if it is HER day. She's just like that. Perfect in every way. 

I had booked a room in Peninsula Manila. I wanted to spend some quality time with my girls while everyone else was out of town. 

When I checked in, I was given the surprise of being upgraded to a one bedroom suite. 

It also seemed like my whole profile was studied because when we entered the room, there were boardgames for my kids! Add a table full of delicious treats such as chocolates, fresh and dried fruits! Everything that my girls and I love to munch on. 




We were getting ready that afternoon to attend a party when suddenly there's a knock on the door. 
Enter the trolley of a whole new set of goodies for me and my girls. It really just proves that The Peninsula Hotel cares so much about their friends/family/clients. 



Can I just say that the kindness didn't stop there? It went WAY further than that when I was treated to a 90 minute massage at The Peninsula Spa. 

While my kids watched a movie upstairs, I entered another world filled with calmness and serenity. I tried my best to stay awake because I didn't want to miss a single second of the wonderful massage I was having but to no avail. I think I even heard myself snore at one point. Shame on me!








The very next day, we went down to the lobby and saw a beautiful splash of pink all over. 




One side of the lobby was prepared for Mother's Day lunch and boy did they prepare!!! 

Check out this mountain of seafood love!

I wanted to gobble it all up. 







And while the parents ate, the kids enjoyed themselves in the play room! 2 function rooms that were converted to a kids play ground!




Alas, it was time to check out and head on out. Bright side of it all? I get to go back to The Peninsula Manila the very next day....and the next...and the next. After all, it is truly my home away from home.

To my dearest Peninsula Family, THANK YOU SO MUCH 
for making our weekend so wonderful. 

No comments: