Friday, May 11, 2012

Breast Buffet Feeding.

This is the cover of TIME for the month of May. Everyone seems to be talking about it. Some people find it offensive and some find it normal. I have to admit, when I first saw it, I was a bit shocked because this kid seems too old to be suckling still. 

My Dad told me that my Lola breastfed him until he was 2. I have to tell you, he's a very healthy man at 74 years of age. 

This kid on the cover is only 3 years old. What's shocking is he looks like a 5 year old boy to me, but he's just a baby. They just wanted to get our attention by making him look older, thus the stool and his outfit.


But perhaps it is also weird to us because when we think or hear breastfeed, this is what pops into our mind.


Then again, there are other photos online that is more shocking than the cover of TIME. I mean seriously, these are nakakaloka talaga! 

Ate, naisip mo ba na medyo masyadong nang mashonda yung anakish mo? 
Eh, parang 12 years old na yan eh. May period na! 
Sa ibang bansa nga nagkaka-anak na yung ganyang edad, 
ikaw naman pinapasuso mo pa.


Of course, once again, this power couple has to be dragged into this controversy by photoshoppers. 
Iba na talaga ang sikat.


There are the two timers! I get weak in the knees just thinking about having to do this but for super moms, this is probably the best way to empty the boob equally! 

This kinda scares me. Ang lalaki na ng mga bata! At si Mommy, parang naubos ang youth kakapasuso! Dyos ko day Mader....pahinga na at painumin ng Birch Tree from Kuya Germs! 


Women and men have exactly the same physical apparatus for making milk, when a baby suckles at the breast, hormones are produced which causes milk production to increase. The more the baby sucks, the more milk is made. So all a man has to do to get his breasts to produce milk is to let the baby suck at them. Researches have proved that pregnancy is not a pre-requisite for making milk. As many women who adopt babies have a desire to breastfeed them and are successful in creating milk by this simple method of letting the baby suck.

Spanish Men are allowed in the office to take time off to breastfeed their babies. It's the LAW. Read more about it HERE.

O, itong si Kuya....may lumalabas daw na gatas! Kaya kayong mga Mister....magsumikap kayo!!! Hwag nalang parati yung mga Misis!!!

So what do I think about the TIME cover? Dead ma....I am sure sales soared because of the controversial photo but the article does provide another insight about it.

All in all, I believe in the power of breastfeeding. 

Regurgitating is another story. 

No comments: