Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Message To Jinkee Pacquiao!

Since I hardly read the papers and watch tv, when I found out that Manny and Jinkee Pacquiao met President Obama, I was a little sad that I didn't get to post this before the official visit to the White House. I did read a very short write up in Philippine Star that Jinkee was confused about what gown to wear, but is sure to wear her Hermes bag and this is exactly why I am sad.


I have some serious thoughts about it. I mean, wouldn't it have been great if she wore local products from the Philippines? So even though I am a lot late, maybe in the future she will consider my advice, unsolicited as it may be.


Dear Jinkee,

I know you, but you don't know me. Even if your hubby is the one getting his face bruised up and reaping millions, you play a very important role in the country. May I say a few things? When traveling abroad and meeting very important people, instead of wearing high end international brands, please consider wearing something that is made in your own country that is equally beautiful.

If it is an evening affair, wear this gown from
Inno Sotto. You can wear this pair of jade and diamond earrings and diamond and pearl bangle with this Bea Valdes bag. It would give it the final touch to achieve perfection.




If it is cocktails, I suggest you wear this Dennis Lustico creation. This set of paraiba, yellow sapphires and rose cut diamonds would match the dress perfectly. Another beautiful bag from Bea Valdes.




Now, this would look great on you as well. A Martin Bautista piece with a Celestina bag and of course this pair of Jul B. Dizon earrings and ring.




This shell clutch from Celestina, would have been a great gift for the First Lady.

Think, wear, love and promote the local industry.

Sincerely,

Candifier

7 comments:

Pia M said...

Yes, I think influential people should wear our young designers during public appearances with media coverage. It's the least one could do to show love for the country. I cheer Mrs Obama for having done this herself.
To quote the Associated Press: "First lady Michelle Obama wore a creation by Cuban-born American designer Isabel Toledo for the inauguration of her husband, a choice many applauded as a cheerful message of hope and a vote for the American fashion industry.
"...as an emblem and ambassador of modern American style. She has won praise for her penchant for lesser-known designers and bold fashion choices, mixed with her unabashed love for mass fashion from mainstream American retailers."
Of course, she has had several bad fashion choices since then, but we can't say she doesn't try, right?

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. This could have been the perfect opportunity to showcase our country's own. Jinky obviously needs to get some good piece of advise from people around here.

Anonymous said...

I so agree!!! I know someone who knows Manny..maybe she can pass this on to Jinkee? Hmmm...
- The Accused

APOL said...

love this post.
cant agree more. :)

Candy B. Dizon said...

I mean, by wearing a Birkin...who does she think she was impressing?? I mean, just in case Mrs. Obama asks her where she got this wonderful dress, it would have been a great joy if she had said, "This dress is made by a very talented designer in my own country."

Ahhh, that would have been a great moment right there.

Anonymous said...

i think more than being an "ambassador" of filipino talent, she should review the propriety of carrying a birkin during a courtesy call. the birkin is best used as a casual, working or traveling bag. it's not really appropriate on formal occassions or when meeting heads of states. she's better off with smaller, more streamlined handbag or clutch. the celestina shellcraft might be viewed as incorrect (environmentally speaking)

cc said...

I don't want to sound snarky, but I don't think she is aware of what's appropriate and not. Perhaps it's better if someone schooled her on these things? Maybe she should hire a stylist who would champion local designers.