Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My First Tony Awards.

I have to be honest with you. I have never watched The Tony Awards fully before. It was just not interested. But this morning, as I got to work, for some reason, it is what I searched for in YouTube.

Now, I am not pretending to be some kind of fashion expert here because for those who know me, you know I am not. As I watched the show in YouTube (yes, all 16 parts of it), whenever I see a beautiful gown, my heart skipped a beat and thought, hey, I guess I know what works for ME and what doesn't and I thought I would share to you my thoughts on what made my heart go THUMP and what THUMPED on my heart.

What's up with Katie? She looked scared when she was reading the nominees. Guess it's been a while since she last stepped onstage? Also, what's with her boobs almost pouring out of her dress. I know I have had my moments but when you are this rich and can afford the best stylist, these things should never happen. She also didn't wear jewelry which is a bad thing in my book.
Looking nervous and shy actress Katie Holmes heads out to attend the Tony Awards in New York, New York on June 13, 2010.  Fame Pictures, Inc

Lucy Liu. Love her. Love her dress. Love her earrings. Did I mention that I love her?
Cate Blanchett arrives at the 2010 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on June 13, 2010. UPI/Joe Corrigan Photo via Newscom
41557, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Sunday June 13 2010. Lucy Lui arrives on the red carpet for the 64th annual Tony Awards, held at New York's famous Radio City Music Hall. Photograph:  Darla Khazei, PacificCoastNews.com

I would probably hyperventilate, pass out and fall on the floor, hit my head and die if I see Cate Blanchett. I am so in awe of this woman who exudes nothing but class and elegance. I love her shiny suit from Giorgio Armani Prive.
Cate Blanchett arrives at the 2010 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on June 13, 2010. UPI/Joe Corrigan Photo via Newscom

Catherine Zeta-Jones won the best female in a musical but I don't love her dress. Although I can't stop looking at her jewelry. Wish I could find a clearer and more up close photo. Not sure if I like her blue eyeshadow though.
Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones arrive at the 2010 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on June 13, 2010. UPI/Joe Corrigan Photo via Newscom
41554, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Sunday June 13 2010. A sweaty top lipped Catherine Zeta Jones arrives on the red carpet for the 64th annual Tony Awards, held at New York's famous Radio City Music Hall. Photograph:  Darla Khazei, PacificCoastNews.com

Her earrings malfunctioned when it was twisted. But still, it's something I would wear.

Also not sure if I am loving Scarlett Johansson dress. I would have liked it better on a softer material? Or maybe I have just seen it before. Not really sure where. Anyway, I think she's hot.
Scarlett Johansson arrives at the 2010 Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on June 13, 2010. UPI/Joe Corrigan Photo via Newscom

Even if red is my favorite color. I wasn't really impressed by Jada Pinkett's dress. I am also not loving the rhinestones on her waist.
Jada Pinkett Smith attends the 64th annual Tony Awards on June 13, 2010 in New York City (photo by: Jack Shea/ Meet The Famous). Photo via Newscom
Wish Lea Michele had worn dangling earrings and a bracelet. I am sure she can get sponsors as she is already a big star.

What's with the pose?

41553, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Sunday June 13 2010. Glee star Lea Michelle arrives on the red carpet for the 64th annual Tony Awards, held at New York's famous Radio City Music Hall. Photograph:  Darla Khazei, PacificCoastNews.com

No comments: