Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Villa d'Este, My Wedding Venue Choice #1.

Villa d’Este, masterpiece of the Italian Garden, is included in the UNESCO world heritage list. With its impressive concentration of fountains, nymphs, grottoes, plays of water, and music, it constitutes a much-copied model for European gardens in the mannerist and baroque styles. 

 The garden is generally considered within the larger –and altogether extraordinary-- context of Tivoli itself: its landscape, art and history which includes the important ruins of ancient villas such as the Villa Adriana, as well as a zone rich in caves and waterfalls displaying the unending battle between water and stone. The imposing constructions and the series of terraces above terraces bring to mind the hanging gardens of Babylon, one of the wonders of the ancient world. The addition of water-- including an aqueduct tunneling beneath the city -- evokes the engineering skill of the Romans themselves.

Read more about Villa d'Este HERE. 

I think it's the most beautiful garden ever. 



Daddy thinks so too. 

Actually, the WHOLE family feels the same way about Villa d'Este. Yes, all 20 of us. 


I think this is where I want to get married. 



Cedric and his whole family. 



I have only one pair of rubber shoes. I use it for the very little time I go to the gym. I don't know how to wear them casually but I was told that for this month long trip, I need to buy one. So I got a pair of Nike and up until now, I still don't know if I wore it right. 
I do however, love all the colors that they come in. 


I got one for Jacqueline too! I think it looks better on the young ones. 

Carebear, comfort is my first name. I wore it with my Geox jacket, a birthday gift from Ginny! Thank you sister!

No comments: