Monday, May 16, 2011

My SOFA class.

I have done live and taped interviews on television, photo shoots, career talk and even hosted a home television shopping before but never a teacher. Although when I was a kid, all I wanted to become was a teacher but all for the wrong reasons. I just wanted to be able to write on the blackboard whenever I wanted to.

Anyway, when Amina asked me to be part of the summer program of SOFA, I was delighted to share whatever knowledge I have about the jewelry industry. I was scared to do it but God knows we need more designers and gold smiths in the country.

I brought my gadgets to show my students. (Naks!) I also brought the most important tools for the talk, ANNE and JACQUELINE.


Thank you for being there and assisting me.

I would like to thank MUJI for sponsoring the basic necessities of being an sketcher.






My favorite snack from MUJI.


The class was fun! At least, it was for me. The class seemed interested in the topic and I urge you to tap that skill and let it grow. It is a very fulfilling career and it is always so amazing that what you have drawn in paper, you will wear in a few weeks time. And if lucky, sell and earn from it.

At the last hour of the class, I held a mini Jewellery Design Competition. The winning design will have his/her piece created by Jul B. Dizon Jewellery and gets to keep it. I hope that it will start your career and make the jewelry industry thrive even more.








See the cupcake pendant? That is the winning design. Congratulations!

Each one took a piece of stone home along with their MUJI loot. I hope you all enjoyed as much as I did.

No comments: