Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Peninsula Paris.


I never thought that my life would be so closely intertwined with the hotel industry.

I spend most of my days in the hotel and go home only to sleep. I eat hotel food almost everyday and some weekends, you would still find me here. For the past 20 years of my life, my home has been between two hotels. EDSA Shangri-la for the first 10 and for the last decade, The Peninsula Manila. 


My bathroom drawer is FILLED with hotel toiletries (because I am the type that takes them home). I so love the beds of The Pen that I ordered bedsheets, pillowcases and my down comforter from their supplier.





I have gained so many good friends from here. Friends that I intend to keep forever. 

I have been very lucky to have stayed in The Peninsula Hong Kong, The Peninsula Shanghai and The Peninsula Tokyo in the last 5 years of my life. Very soon, I will be able to stay in The Peninsula Bangkok. It's become an obsession for me. To be able to stay in all the properties is something close to wonderful and whenever my friends and I plan a trip, this is always something I keep in mind. 


This August 1, 2014, The Peninsula Paris will open their doors. I have been following the progress of their construction thru their Instagram account  and each post makes me so excited about a new hotel that I must experience. 


The Peninsula Hotels makes its grand entrance into Europe with The Peninsula Paris, setting new standards in design, luxury and comfort. The latest chapter of Peninsula excellence brings an unprecedented new level of distinction to the City of Light. 

 Perfectly situated at 19 Avenue Kléber, just steps from the Arc de Triomphe, The Peninsula sits in the heart of Paris within walking distance of some of the world’s most famous monuments, museums and luxury shopping districts.



 The Peninsula Paris is located in a late 19th century classic Haussmanian building, which first opened as one of Paris's most luxurious “grands hotels” in 1908. Steeped in history, the property has been meticulously restored and discreetly modernised with the ultimate in 21st century convenience. The Peninsula houses 200 luxurious rooms, including 34 suites, which are among the most spectacular in the city. 


 Six years in the making, some of France’s finest artisans were hand-picked to undertake this stunning restoration. From the building façade to interior elements including fine marble, rich wood panelling and gold leaf finishing, the result is the ultimate in French craftsmanship.



On top of an array of French-themed food promotions celebrating the birthplace of haute cuisine, each hotel will offer brasserie-inspired menus in all lobbies, and French-themed Afternoon Tea and French delicacies will be available alongside classical French music. Guests will also be able to sample delectable French fare with a glass of Champagne or other popular French drinks such as the pre-dinner apéritif. 






To learn more about the newest Peninsula property, please click HERE. 

No comments: