Friday, February 7, 2014

When in HK.

The weekend agenda was to party like rockstars. I expressed my wishes to be crawling back to the hotel room from too much partying. My gang and I were ready for a weekend of total chaos. 


When we got to HK, we dropped off our luggage and checked out the newly renovated rooms of The Peninsula Hong Kong. 

Staircase to heaven. 


Upon entering, I instructed SC to not touch a thing because she has a tendency to mess the room up. 




Fell in love and so attached to the tablet. I felt I could rule the world with it. 


Pull out the drawer and all the possible chargers you can ever need is neatly stored and ready for use. 


I need this in my life.

Thank you SC for being a part of the Peninsula Group. 

After resting a bit, we headed off to lunch. This is what we had. 
Thank you Kelly for this wonderful treat.





Shopping was next. Because it is the Year of the Horse, SC, TR and CY decided to go with the equestrian look.  


Dinner was at Catalunya. It's very hard to find the place so I suggest you research and get a good cab driver to take you there. 


Here's what we had.
A pitcher of sangria to get the party started. 









Yes, it was just the four of us gals. I tell you though, the plates were clean as a whistle. 
Thank you TR for treating!!

As usual, I was red as a lobster by the time we got to Ozone. 

The Ritz-Carlton has an awesome view so before we headed up, photo op muna. 

When we got to the 118th floor, we were initially seated outdoors. It froze our Asian asses. To get a table inside, there was an minimum consumable price tag. 


So it began. 2 bottles of wine, numerous bottles of freaking expensive water, a few cocktails and a couple of tequila shots were consumed. 

CY, thank you so very much for treating us to so much alcohol and for being the best yaya to TR. (wink wink)


One last shot outdoors turned the evening upside down. 

I won't go into details but let's just say that I ran out of baby wipes. 

The next morning, we had a lovely breakfast at the lobby. 


I really loved this lobster sausage.

Wagyu Breakfast Burger. Gosh, my stomach is growling with hunger as I type this. 

A quick visit to the Pen Boutique to check out some chocolates. 


Lunch day two was at Duddell's, a restaurant owned by Shanghai Tang. It is a delightful place to eat. Loved everything about it. 

When we went, it was an ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT-DIMSUM fest and I fainted with joy (well not really but you get what I mean).




Had this and a WHOLE lot more. Thank you CY for treating us! 
And for the turnip cakes, thank you Juliana!
You really missed out Tess. 



Next stop was Sasa. Always a must when in HK. 

The next evening, only SC had energy to paint the town red. TR, CY and I were more focused on shopping and eating. So we had more Chinese food and was in bed by midnight. 

For our last day, I treated the girls and Kelly to lunch at Nanhai No. 1. 
 I will surely go back to this place. The oyster cake is to die for. 



After lunch, we were able to meet up very briefly with friends Kurt and Noel. 

By check out time, this is what our bedroom looked like. 
I won't say which side is mine and what's SC. 


At the HK Airport, on our way home. There was a a bit more time for shopping. 
I am a very happy girl. 

To my Weekend Warriors, I can't wait for our next adventure. 
Thank you so much for celebrating my singlehood with me in HK. 
Love you all.

No comments: