Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Oh My Gulay!!!

I do my grocery at Hypermart along EDSA. I love to shop there because it is spacious, clean and the staff are efficient. 

I don't go to the wet market because I hate seeing all the flies on the meat and vegetables. So even if it is a bit more expensive, I buy them in the grocery. 

But last week, I was grossed out and saddened to see that my Hypermart had vegetables in the display chiller that's almost rotten inside.

I bought it, went home to make salad and inside the outer leaves was this....EEEWWWWW....
I think that all the groceries need a fresh produce manager who checks on expiry dates and vegetable and fruits freshness.

Calling Hypermart Managers, don't make your customers eat dead leaves. 


2 comments:

Marissa said...

You should go to the Sunday market near the Quezon Ave MRT station. I believe people sell fresh produce there and they don't have flies.

Anonymous said...

I Think This Can happen to any1. in the supermarket or at the market. As a chef sometimes i get a beautiful eggplant and once sliced there would be a worm, or a fresh looking garlic bulb with insects, or just like you a bunch of lettuce and a few would be wilted inside. This happens alot especially to fresh produce. If you want fresh Then expect to get thèse ónce in a while. I love sweetbee though!

Jackie