Thursday, April 14, 2011

Press + Respect = PRESSPECT!

Dear Fashion Media,

I bow to you all.

In the last couple of months, I have been bombarded with invitations to cover events, fashion shows, to interview a celebrity/personality and to be interviewed on live tv shows, go on a photo shoot and give talks in Colleges, throw parties, attend parties, dance, drink, meet with clients, friends and so much more.

As much as I wanted to attend them all, hindi kinaya ng Wonder Woman Powers ko. But you guys can! Bravo!! Grabe, lola na talaga ako.

Aside from having to attend events, I also need to take care of the business and my designs in the workshop. All that plus mothering 4 human beings (3 kids and an AG) and a brand new puppy.


Yesterday, I was at ANC News Channel to be interviewed about Green Couture.



A few hours later, I had to go back to the same station to be interviewed about Lifestyle Asia's Platinum Circle.



After that, I had to rush to Makati to attend Eric Raisina's Fashion Show at Shangri-la. An event that I so wanted to go to but didn't get to. WAAHH!!!


At 8:30 pm, I headed towards Fever at Sofitel as MEGA gave tribute to Manila's Most Stylish in which included me. (Only God knows why) Hihihi.




Thank you to my 2 UBER STYLISTS, my sisters, Janina and Lucille for taking care of me!

Today, April 14, I had to go to Intercontinental Hotel to attend a talk given by Nigel Barker and J. Alexander. As soon as they started to reveal beauty secrets, I had to leave to interview Eric Raisina in Makati Shangri-la. All this happened in a span of 2 hours.


Here he is assisting a shopper during my one on one with him.

Right now, I am actually missing the Fashion Watch of Jun Escario and Joel Escobar in Makati Shangri-la because I can't leave my store unattended. Will make it up to you, Jun! I know it will be great!




And then tonight, I confirmed my attendance to BELO's Event featuring the hot new body of Ms. Ruffa Gutierrez in Salon De Ning. Check out her BERRY BELO BEAUTIFUL photo!!! WOOTWOOT!!



Now, the reason I am writing about this is because I feel the need to clone myself with all these events. The reason I want to attend them all is because it is actually something that I am interested in, not as a blogger but as me, Candy Dizon.

Last week, I went to a talk given by Michael Hanz of NARS as he taught us how to put on make up. I have attended a lot of these seminars but this one stuck in my mind. After purchasing brushes, I now know how to blend eyeshadow and can't really go out of the house without eye make up anymore. That is a major sign of getting old and going bankrupt. Ang mahal kaya ng make up ngayon! I can't really do Ever Bilena after seeing the beauty of NARS and all the other expensive brands. But with all the events, putting on my own make up really saves me a lot of moolah!






One bonggang party after another! Grabe! I can imagine how stressed my skin must be with all that make up! Buti nalang I still use PONDS as my facial care which is not as expensive as La Mer. Speaking of Ponds, I went to their party at Fiamma the other day and had the chance to bond a little with Ms. Rissa Mananquil who looked radiant. To Ponds, thank you for refreshing my supply. I really am an avid user of your product.





There's still so much to write about and I just don't know where to begin. I need to get some sleep and recharge but I just don't know when that will happen.

In the meantime, to all the media/press people who have to go through this ten times more than I do, may God Bless you with more strength, energy and pain free feet for wearing high heels all day, all night, 7 days a week. You deserve a raise! Tell your bosses now!!

With much admiration,

Candifier

No comments: