Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Exploring Vienna.

Belvedere was our first stop in Vienna. It was a cold and gloomy day and it was a day before the official start of spring so the grass and flowers were not in full bloom yet. 

For garden lovers like me, I think that the best time to go to Europe would be May because I am sure the landscape would be 100 times better by then. 



But even if the buds were still shy, Belvedere Museum offered something that I was so happy to see. 
It holds the world's largest collection of Gustav Klimt. Sadly, taking photos of the collection was not allowed so I made sure that they are deeply embedded in my mind. 


There was however a small area called Selfie Room where a replica of the famous "The Kiss" painting was placed for tourists. 







For lunch, Gregor and Marcel, our lovely hosts, took us to a local Austrian restaurant nearby. 



We then proceeded to my favorite Schonbrunn Palace. 
Front

Back

If you have been following my blog since the beginning, you will know that I have been here before (10 years ago) and up until now, I believe that it is the most breathtaking palace I have ever been to. 

As you can see, the flowers are still not in bloom but can you imagine what it looks like now? 

A stroll in the garden is just what the doctor ordered. 

Within the garden is Austria's oldest but most modern zoo.

This just freaked me out as I hate ants with a passion. 


There's something relaxing about watching jellyfish. 

"The Palm House in the palace park at Schönbrunn is the largest of its kind on the European continent. It houses dozens of Mediterranean, tropical and subtropical plants." - www.wien.info



Thank you once again to the Nabicht Family for taking us around. 

Gregor, Jody, Jacqui, Marcel and yours truly. 


No comments: