Thursday, August 27, 2015

Wine and Dinner Pairing at Marco Polo, Ortigas.

Marco Polo Ortigas recently celebrated its first year in the Philippines. I was hearing a lot about how good the Chinese restaurant is and luckily was able to try it out last July for my brother's birthday. It was indeed very good. 

It also gave me an opportunity to reconnect with Mirko! I met him in one of my lunches in Tivoli, Mandarin Oriental a few years back and I am happy to know that he is now Directory of Food and Beverage of Marco Polo. Congratulations!

Anyway, he told me about a Wine and Dinner Pairing that they are launching and I was very happy to go and and experience this Marco Polo style. 

My forever date, Dennis Lustico, Executive Chef Lluis Cantos, Mirko de Giorgi and yours truly. 

Thank you so much for your amazing hospitality. 

A table for two, 9 course dinner, 4 kinds of wine and a whole lot of excitement! Since I don't drink red wine, I made Dennis enjoy it. 



Deep fried US Oyster with sweet and sour sauce. 

Steamed egg white with Alaskan King Crab leg. 

Cog Fish in Chinese wine with Ginger Onion.

Chef Sunny's Special US Roasted Duck. 

Steamed Scallop in Lobster Creme
(sorry no photo)

Sliced Garlic US Beef Cubes with Vegetables.

Dried Scallop Fried Rice in Egg White. 

Tian Tao Jelly. 

The wonderful team that created our dinner takes a bow. 

Marco Polo Ortigas
720-7777

No comments: