Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Candifier Gets Crowned.

Last year, I went AWOL for my birthday. I hibernated. 

This year, I didn't. 


I can't even begin to tell you how much weight I gained from all the dinners hosted by me and hosted for me. All in all, I felt the love and I am grateful for all the people in my life and those who allowed me in theirs. 

On the day of my birthday, Friday, SV and I played hooky. We left work at noon and headed to City of Dreams where my darling Charisse Chuidian planned a lunch for us at The Crystal Dragon. 


It was just the three of us so a printed menu made me feel extra special. 
A six-course lunch, how wonderful is that?






Birthday noodles!


Crystal Dragon is definitely my favorite Chinese hotel restaurant.

Thank you for the awesome lunch CC!! 

After our lunch, we headed to a surprise planned weeks before my birthday. 

Now, you must believe me when I tell you that my photos do not do justice to what I am about to show you, the Presidential Villa of The Crown Towers. 

As soon as we open the doors, Camille, our butler, asked me what kind of toiletry I would like for the bathrooms. Since the villa has three baths, I chose three different kinds. 


I checked out the villa and all I could hear myself say was "Wow!"





Because they heard I was checking in with my two children, they put teddy bears on their beds.

They also had two cookies and marshmallows platter for them. 


The massage room.....because...why not? 

But because this is a two-storey villa, they put in an elevator because that's how they roll. 

Since we stayed at The Crown two weeks before my birthday, Camille printed out a photo of the our group that she found on Instagram. She surely knows how to make us feel at home. 


Could not believe how amazing the villas are at The Crown. I was ready to just pop in a movie and vegetate when SV told me that we needed to head over to the Spa. This day keeps getting better and better. 






Two hours of bliss. We both feel asleep and woke up with super smooth skin, relaxed muscles and a general sense of well being. 

It was nearly 7 pm and the gang started to trickle in. I treated the girls to dinner that we ordered in from Crystal Dragon. We found ourselves laughing at the silliest things and truly felt so happy to be surrounded by them. It was a good bunch of people that took time out to be with me. 
Tess, SV, Jasmin, yours truly, Grace, Charisse 
Jaqueline, Liz and Jody. 

After Grace and Liz had gone, we all went to the outside and soaked ourselves in the outdoor jacuzzi. 

Here we are at 3am because it was time for Tess to go home. 

In the morning, we had breakfast at the Lounge and after, we headed to the hotel pool. We were given the cabana to use and boy, did we love it. 





A great big thank you to SFV for arranging everything and for giving me a birthday celebration that I will never forget. 

To Charisse, you are a gift from my Mom and I will always treasure our friendship. 

Thank you so much Crown Towers for making sure that we bring home only wonderful memories of your awesome hotel. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man that sounds like a great birthday!