Friday, December 18, 2009

Am I Too Late?


Two weeks ago, Mandarin Oriental invited me to their Christmas Tree lighting. There were so many people and so many things going on on the stage but all I could really focus on was the FOOD!

I have never had so much FOIE GRAS in one night in my whole entire life. I remember telling the Executive Chef that I had plans on stealing one whole plate of foie gras before the night ends. It's THAT good. Yippee for Executive Chef Rene Ottlik.



Let me show you what I mean.




They panfried them in front of your eyes and you put them on bread and devour it in a few seconds. At least that's what I did.



This table was full of bite size assorted foie gras concoctions.





COTTON CANDY with FOIE GRAS SURPRISE!!




There were a lot of other goodies too.



And now for my FAVORITE part. Dessert. Firstly, let me congratulate Executive Pastry Chef Roberto Molleman for a truly amazing, unique and delicious set up.




When I saw this, I nearly fainted with joy. I LOVE strawberries with chocolate. Sigh....heaven.

Mimes offering chocolates to passersby.


And for the PARTY PEEPS...











Ms. Charisse Chuidian, a very good friend that my mom gifted me with.

Your bloggerina with friends.
A Mandarin Christmas to you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wish i were there too.....love foie gras!!!! was Andreas not busy then? queing to be you date next time there is a foie gras affair. =)TR