Thursday, August 16, 2018

My Love for Robert and Bacolod.

Robert Blancaflor and I do not often see each other but I believe that we have that kind of friendship where we just pick up right where we have left off and feel as if we didn't miss a day of hanging out. So when he told me months ago that he was going to celebrate his 50th birthday in Bacolod, I was more than happy to attend. 

I have never been to Bacolod so I was excited to see what it has to offer. Let me tell you, I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED. 

The celebration was very well attended. Friends and family from all over the world came to celebrate with Robert. The event ran so smoothly. Not a minute where were were not entertained or fed well. The service was impeccable and singers were so fun and engaging. 

Happy Birthday again Robert and let me just say that I am thankful for having you in my life. It is where you will be a very special part of forever and ever. 



Celebrity chef, Gaita Fores prepared two dishes for us and it was just wonderful. She also introduced us to Chef Ynan Del Rosario, the executive chef of Seda Hotel, Bacolod. 


After the party, we had about two days to explore Bacolod. It is beautiful, interesting and boy, did it feed us well. 

My long time friend Keng Jison lives there but she was in Manila at the time of my visit so I didn't get to see her but she was extremely kind to lend me her car and driver to take Jacqueline and I around. 




We met friends that hosted lunch for us in their weekend home. A great big shout out to Chef Ynan for introducing us to the Grey Family. I am still craving for your adobo, boneless chicken inasal and ribs. 

Up at the Grey's weekend home, we were treated to this magnificent view, unforgettable lunch and wonderful company. 



David Dadivas prepared this mouth watering paella. 






What a great weekend it was. I can't wait to go back. 

No comments: