Monday, January 4, 2016

Morocco, Rabat.

I've got a problem. It's been 2 months since my trip to Morocco and because of my delay in blogging, I have totally forgotten the names of the places that we have been to. 

Thanks to Google and Wikepedia, I have the basic information that could answer your simple questions about the place. 

This is a medina in Rabat. Inside, a wonderful cluster of homes and shops. It's tight and one can easily get lost so I suggest staying with your group. 

It also happens to be one of the locations where Mission Impossible was filmed. 



Here's my photo and below it, a car chase scene on the same spot. 
(I am such a Hollywood fan)
 


 The houses were painted blue and white. The greens and blooming flowers added to the beauty of the village. 



We then had a brief stop at a King's tomb. The Mausoleum of Mohhamed V contains the tombs of the King and his two sons.


The building is considered a masterpiece of moderns Alaouite dynasty architecture, with its white silhouette topped by a typical green tiled roof, green being the color of Islam. 




A reader of the Koran is often present, having his assigned seat. 

Here I am bothering the King's Guard. 

Are these places worth seeing? Definitely!!! The details of the tomb and the old houses in the medina hold so much meaning, story and culture behind them. 

Make sure you get a well informed guide because it's important to know what lies beneath. 

No comments: